Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why did I receive an Applecare email when I didn't purchase the product?

I was wondering whether you could help me. I just received an email from Apple with details about my Applecare Plan. At first I was confused because I never purchased Applecare when I purchased by Macbook. But the email had the correct serial number of my Macbook and also my details e.g.: house address, name etc.

I purchased my Macbook over the phone using the educational pricing late August and that was the only product I purchased. I have never made any payments or received any receipts regarding Applecare.

Would you have any suggestions to why I got this email, as I do not want to be charged for something I did not purchase

Your help would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 4, 2011 2:23 AM

3 replies

Nov 4, 2011 2:35 AM in response to shldr2thewheel

Hi, I just entered my serial number and it stated the following:

Registered

Your registration lets Apple quickly find your product and provide the help you need.

Repairs and Service Coverage: Active

Your product is covered for eligible hardware repairs and service under a custom agreement.
For more information about your coverage, please contact us.
Estimated Expiration Date: 24 August 2014

This is confusing as I have not purchased Applecare at all.

Why did I receive an Applecare email when I didn't purchase the product?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.