Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the issue solved regarding the switching of dedicated graphics for widows 7??,

Is the issue solved regarding the switching of dedicated graphics for widows 7??

coz. i am going to buy a 15" MBP....

i had gone thorough the fourms and found that a lot of users are complaining about the graphic switching in windows 7.I am going to use windows mostly for the graphical needs for Auto desk and PTC softwares.this softwares demand high graphic need.

So is this need fulfilled in windows7 in mac pro 15"???

I am realy worried about it....😢 😟 😕

any reviews???

Thanx

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 4, 2011 4:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2011 5:40 AM

Graphics switching is not enabled under Windows. However, under Windows, only the high-end dedicated GPU is enabled, so you should be okay. The problem that you hear about is many people want to be able to use the integrated GPU in Windows to conserve power when there is no need to use the more powerful GPU.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2011 5:40 AM in response to dhruv_k1

Graphics switching is not enabled under Windows. However, under Windows, only the high-end dedicated GPU is enabled, so you should be okay. The problem that you hear about is many people want to be able to use the integrated GPU in Windows to conserve power when there is no need to use the more powerful GPU.

Is the issue solved regarding the switching of dedicated graphics for widows 7??,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.