Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini 2011 headless problems

Hi have Mac Mini alu 2011 not the latest versione with thunderbolt port. I use it as backup server, with no monitor connected. Many application don't work without a monitor connected, anyone have same issues and a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 4, 2011 6:21 AM

3 replies

Nov 4, 2011 11:36 AM in response to Cybermaster

I have 3 minis, all of them are headless, one on Lion, 2 on Snow Leopard, and I've never found an aplication that does not work. So, interesting... I use remote desktop to manage them just fine. I do use the hdmi -. DVI adapter, perhaps Cathy is correct. There is nothing connected to the DVI end though, as I said, they are all headless.

Feb 11, 2014 8:02 AM in response to Cybermaster

I had the same issue and didn't want to give up my Thunderbolt port, so I opted to get a Gefen HDMI Detective Plus. What this does is make the CPU think an HDMI display is attached so that your graphics CPU 'unlocks' and full speed is back. The Gefen box can either 'learn' the code of any HDMI display in your office/home, or you can preset it as a stock 1080p display. TOTALLY solved my problem... even though it did cost $85.

Apple needs to fix this as so many people use the MINI headless.

http://www.gefen.com/kvm/ext-hdmi-edidp.jsp?prod_id=8005

Mac Mini 2011 headless problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.