Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Portrait vs Landscape

My iPhone will only display the app screens in portrait mode. I'm talking about the main screens with all the app icons, not the screens that come up within the apps themselves. The screens within the apps will change to portrait or landscape as I rotate the iPhone, as they should. But the main screens do not switch when I rotate the iPhone; they stay in portrait mode. Is this the way it's supposed to be?

I'm accustomed to the iPad which will change the main screens to portrait or landscape. I assumed the iPhone would behave the same way.

Posted on Nov 4, 2011 6:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2011 6:48 AM

That's normal. The home screens do not rotate to portrait mode.

3 replies

Nov 4, 2011 7:10 AM in response to jla930

I'm wondering if anyone knows if there's a way to get "set up" screens to rotate to landscape. I don't mind that the home screens don't rotate (though I was used to it from my last Smart Phone), but I find it rather annoying that all the screens where you have to type out long email addresses, server URLs, etc., will not rotate. My big bumbling thumbs are forever making typos with the comparatively small portrait keyboard. I don't suppose there's a way to get these screens to rotate is there?

Portrait vs Landscape

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.