Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini performance with Thunderbolt display

I am curious to know how well the Mac mini will perform with the new thunderbolt display for everyday use.

The system I will be looking to purchase is:

- 2.7ghz i7

- 8GB RAM

- Amd Radeon HD 6630 with 256mb GDDR5 memory.

- 750gb 7200 rpm drive

I will be linking it up to the 27" Thunderbolt display. However I am wondering how well the graphics card will handle the large high res display. Will it be sluggish when I have lots of apps and windows open?

I was in the Apple store and had a quick play around on the standard 2.5ghz i5 model (4gb ram, 5400rpm HDD, AMD 6630 GPU) and when I had 8 safari windows open and entered expose the animation took a second to occur and even then it was sluggish and the animation was jaggy and not smooth at all.

Yes I know at the amount I'm spending I could get an iMac, but I've had so many issues with them ranging from buzzing power supplies, yellow screens and even had one die after a software update. I've been through 13 iMacs and every single one had issues so I've given up on those.

Thanks

Posted on Nov 4, 2011 10:41 AM

There are no replies.

Mac mini performance with Thunderbolt display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.