Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

While using mail and navigating to subfolders, if I turn the iPad and it changes from landscape to portrait or portrait to landscape, the mail app goes back to the inbox folder

When I am reading messages that are located in a subfolder of my mail account, I often turn from landscape to portrait to read the message. Whenever I do this, I am taken back to the inbox folder.

I am using gmail and the default settings.

Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this?

iPad 2 16gb Verizon

iOS 5

iPad 2, iOS 5

Posted on Nov 4, 2011 12:09 PM

3 replies

Nov 4, 2011 12:33 PM in response to JohnTheAppleFan

Let me clarify, most of the time I use the iPad in landscape mode while reading email in subfolders so I can see the message and the message list. Occasionally I like to turn it to portrait mode to read the message in this subfolder, when I turn to portrait mode the mail app automatically goes to the inbox list of messages even though I was in a subfolder.

While using mail and navigating to subfolders, if I turn the iPad and it changes from landscape to portrait or portrait to landscape, the mail app goes back to the inbox folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.