Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"iPhoto has detected inconsistencies in your library. "

When I insert my camera's SD card into my Mac, iPhoto launches and then I get a warning message, "iPhoto has detected inconsistencies in your library. Please click Repair to avoid any potential problems." I click Repair and it performs a lengthy operation. When done, no photos are imported. Instead, I get another window that says, "Unreadable Files: 285. The following file could not be imported. The file is an unrecognized format." It goes on to list several hundred NEF images. This happens over and over when I eject the SD card and try again.

I've been able to import photos with no problem for years now, so I don't know why it would not recognize this file type all of a sudden.

What do I do now?

3GHz Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 12GB RAM

Posted on Nov 4, 2011 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2011 12:05 PM

Try moving the photos to disk using image capture and importing form the disk folder

Once you have the photos safe use your camera to reformat your memory card - a best practice is to always keep your photos after import until they are safely in iPhoto and at least one backup cycle has occurred - then reformat the card using the camera - this protects you against loss of photos and keeps your card freshly fornatted

LN

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2011 12:05 PM in response to Raymond Fox

Try moving the photos to disk using image capture and importing form the disk folder

Once you have the photos safe use your camera to reformat your memory card - a best practice is to always keep your photos after import until they are safely in iPhoto and at least one backup cycle has occurred - then reformat the card using the camera - this protects you against loss of photos and keeps your card freshly fornatted

LN

"iPhoto has detected inconsistencies in your library. "

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.