Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spinning beach ball of death

My itunes becomes unresponsive ( spinning beach ball ) for a couple of minutes when I try to pick another song from my library or when I start/stop, fast forward a sond. It's a nightmare. Surprisingly everything is just fine when I choose my backup library ( clone ) what is stored on a different library. Also when I boot from external HD and select my library that is located on my internal HD ( my usual boot drive ) everything is just fine.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Quad Core 2.8, 27, 8GB RAM

Posted on Nov 4, 2011 4:40 PM

2 replies

Nov 4, 2011 5:16 PM in response to nyappleman

Probably, you have a lot of copies of things you dont want to have copies for- I had 3 (!!!!) copies of L4D2 on my mac, somehow... I dont know how that happened.

Also, do CMD+Tab, and see how many apps you have open (Pressing the X just puts it in standby mode, you gotta actually quit it to stop the RAM drain. (I think)

And, update your friggin installation- so many people have iTunes 4 because they never updated.

PS: Is there any way to use my laptop in bed without the chance of overheat damage? I realise why it happens, but its so annoying.

Spinning beach ball of death

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.