Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Avoid Rendering!

Hey guys, so im working on a Mac Pro (10.6.8) Snowleopard 2 x 3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon w/ 10GB of RAM.

I'm really confused why FCPX is still rendering I brought in my H.264 MOV file from my Nikon D7000 today into Compressor and changed it to Apple Pro Res 422 (HQ) then opened up a new FCPX project file and imported it at 1080p 23.98 FPS and Render Settings on: Apple Pro Res 422 (HQ) but whenever I apply an effect or cut the audio I still have to render? Please explain I thought if the video and render settings were the same I wouldn't have to render/ could avoid the orange line of death haha. 😝

Please help!?

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.6.8), How to Avoid Rendering in FCPX?

Posted on Nov 4, 2011 7:16 PM

1 reply

Nov 5, 2011 10:20 AM in response to PatrickReza

The "orange line of death" doesn't mean you have to render. It's a warning that you may have to render. Your computer is fast and you've got lots of RAM so you should be able to play it back without rendering if you switch background rendering off in preferences.

It's strange that FCPX can play things in realtime yet Apple still opted for background rendering by default. This is the opposite approach to Premiere Pro.

How to Avoid Rendering!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.