Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kernel from OS 10.4 Install Disk

I have a PowerMac G5 tower running OS 10.4.11 Server with 10.5 GB RAM in matched pairs, (2) WD 500 GB drives mirrored.

Running 15-20 Macs in a small newspaper environment. Four days ago people started reporting problems where files (PDFs) suddenly

were corrupted and different people were having trouble logging onto the server, it was not recognizing their passwords. The server

crashed 4x within a 3 hour period - after deadline I ran Disk Utlity and then Disk Warrior and replaced the directory but found no major

errors. The next day icons on the server were grayed out and people reported a few crashes, and problems with certain files again.

(Which by the way are files that are used on a daily basis for layouts but are changed maybe once a year). I went to a backup from

the day before, pulled the files down and they showed up corrupt also.

I then decided it was perhaps time to rebuild the Server. Put the OS 10.4 server disc in and it causes a kernel attack, looks like

it is perhaps in German?? I have used this disc before so I can't figure out what's happening with my server but obviously its

critical that I figure it out asap. I'm thinking perhaps it's a hardware problem but do not even know where to start?

I did boot into single user mode and few things from the command line, no problems showed up.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Robin

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 4 GB RAM

Posted on Nov 5, 2011 2:07 AM

There are no replies.

Kernel from OS 10.4 Install Disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.