Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud not syncing iOS bookmarks back to IE

From the sound of it, I have better success with iCloud bookmark sync than most -- it's correctly sync-ing IE bookmarks to iPhone and iPad, and bookmarks created on iPhone or iPad replicate to the other. I have no duplication (actually, there's sometimes brief duplication during the sync, but it always seems to work out.)

However, bookmarks first created on the iOS devices are not propagating back to Windows/IE. Odder yet, I can delete (on iOS) a bookmark that originated on Windows; that change propagates back -- but edits don't get applied, and iOS-originated bookmarks don't get added.

(Another odd clue: If I update WinBookmark1 on an iOS device, the "last modified" dat does get updated on Windows just a few seconds later -- but the content change is not applied.)

The fact that the iCloud tool does appear to be (incompletely) modifying the bookmark leads me to think it's not a permissions problem, and likely not a bug.

Question: Does anyone have

• iOS created bookmarks being iCloud-synced into their Windows/IE bookmarks?
  • iOS changes to Win-originated bookmarks being iCloud-synced back to Windows/IE?

If it's not working for anyone, that's a clear bug; if it is, then it's... something funky.

(Win7, iOS 5.0.0, iCloudWin 1.0.0, IE8.)

Windows 7

Posted on Nov 5, 2011 9:17 AM

3 replies

Feb 14, 2013 5:23 AM in response to lairdb

ok, this is somewhat a backwards solution, but it worked:

1) check the sync bookmarks box on icloud panel

2) go to explorer and create a new bookmarks folder

2.a) close explorer and re-open as an admin

2.b) right click on that folder, uncheck "read only"

3)wait for that folder to appear on your iOS device

4) move the bookmarks you want to that folder

iCloud not syncing iOS bookmarks back to IE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.