If you have a Mac running OS X 10.5 or 10.6 and an iPad using iOS 4.3, this minor tweak to OS X will likely allow you to print:
Your Mac must be on and connected to the network for printing to occur.
I've used it successfully with my MP560 since the first day my wife received her iPad 2 in April.
There is a free Canon Easy PhotoPrint iOS app available that supports both printing and scanning with the MP560.
I understand that iOS 5 and OS X 10.7 change things, and it probably won't work.
Canon Easy-PhotoPrint (Canon iEPP) is a free application that allows you to easily print photos and scan from your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad on a compatible PIXMA multifunction printer via a local wireless network (Wi-Fi).
- Easily select from a wide range of paper sizes and paper types.
- Select multiple images from your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad Photo Albums and print up to 20 copies.
- Print bordered or borderless photos.
- Automatically find printers on a wireless network when launching the Canon iEPP.
- Start your iPhone camera directly from Canon iEPP and instantly print captured photos.
- Scan from a compatible multifunction printer and save the data to your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad as a PDF or Jpeg.
- PDF file printing directly from your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.
PIXMA MG8200 Series, PIXMA MG6200 Series, PIXMA MG5300 Series, PIXMA MG4100 Series, PIXMA MG3100 Series, PIXMA MX880 Series, PIXMA MX420 Series, PIXMA MX410 Series, PIXMA MG8100 Series, PIXMA MG6100 Series, PIXMA MG5200 Series, PIXMA MP495/MP499, PIXMA MX870 Series, PIXMA MX350 Series, PIXMA MX340 Series, PIXMA MP990 Series, PIXMA MP640 Series, PIXMA MP560 Series
Compatible Print Settings
- Paper Size
Letter(8.5"x11")*, A4*, A5, B5, 4"x6"(10x15cm)*, 5"x7"(13x18cm), 8"x10"(20x25cm), Card 2.16"x3.58"(55x91mm), Wide 4"x7.1"(101.6x180.6mm), *Compatible size with PIXMA MP495/MP499
- Media Type
Plain Paper*, Photo Paper Plus Glossy II*, Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss
Photo Paper*, *Compatible type with PIXMA MP495/MP499
- Bordered / Borderless Print
Message was edited by: kostby