Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound from display

When I plug in my 27 inch thunderbolt display, I can't seem to get any sound from the display speakers! I've tried to un-plug and plug it in again but nothing seems to

Cinema Tools, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 27 Inch Thunderbolt Display

Posted on Nov 5, 2011 2:54 PM

4 replies

Mar 6, 2012 4:31 AM in response to linusmoberg

Unfortunately I too get this sound problem (one of several problems with the TB Display) and it hasn't gone away. I don't know if it's the same for you, but for me and from what I can make of it the loss of sound 'mostly' always happens after the Thunderbolt Display has gone to sleep/standby and then it is powered on again by resuming the system (MacBook Pro). There are occasions when the TB display has no sound from boot, but mostly as above after resuming.

I had already posted on this previously and followed up on it by mentioning if it would be possible to both uninstall and then re-install OS X Lion components and drivers as one would in i.e. windows, which can often cure some problems. I know how to do this kind of thing in windows, but not aware of how to go about it in OS X Lion and re-installing the software and drivers for both the internal sound card unit and the TB Display might just cure the problem, rather than the often usual procedural quote from Apple of re-installing the entire system and starting from scratch.

No sound from display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.