Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4s freezing

Hello to everybody,

3 days ago I received my new iPhone 4s from the on-line apple store.

I noticed, from the beginnng, the problem of the draining battery: I normally use microsoft exchange and I must use push mail. I'm waiting for iOS 5.0.1 update and I hope that the issue will be tackled (now, starting to work at 8am, at 1pm the telephone has only 10% of battery and I must put it in charge).

But I have another problem that is much more serious. Randomly my iPhone freezes (with switch off monitor and audio) or, perhaps, I think it do it, because the telephone doesn't answer to any phisical input (pushing all the buttons) and the only way to resuscitate it is pushing the on/off button + the home button for more than 10 seconds. In this case I see the Apple logo again and the telephone restarts.. the problem is that: 1) I don't know WHEN and WHY the telephone freezes; 2) when the telephone freezes people who calls me (or send sms) receives free tone but I can't hear the call and, after restarting, I can't see the call or sms in the received calls. THE TELEPHONE HAS NOT BEEN JAILBROKEN.

How can I solve the problem? is this a problem of iOS5? will this problem be addressed and tackled by the new iOS 5.0.1? or is this a simple hardware problem that I can solve asking to Apple technical support to replace my telephone (the telephone has 3 days of life)?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions and support

Nicola

iPhone 4S, iOS 5

Posted on Nov 5, 2011 3:52 PM

19 replies

Nov 10, 2011 12:22 PM in response to H.M.T

Hello HMT, I haven't posted no more because after 2 times my iPhone did not freeze no more.

I went to the apple store and they told me to wait iOS 5.0.1. With the update everything will be fixed. For these reasons I decided to wait till the update. If anything will change (and I hope no) I will send my iPhone back to the apple store asking them to change it with a new one.

All the best

Nov 21, 2011 5:21 AM in response to nikolex73

I am now on my 3rd IPhone 4S. Each one has had the same problem of random freezing. When freezing, different applications were running so it does not seem to be a buggy app. Apple has willingly replaced my IPhone 4S, but now that I am on my 3rd phone it is doubtful that this is a hardware issue. I am very dependent on my phone for work and am quite distressed about this flaw.

Dec 12, 2011 7:12 PM in response to nikolex73

I'm also the one who has the problem with iphone 4s. It would be worser than your case. I just got it ship from China ( brand new ) and when I open the tray, it wouldn't come out. It was physical damage. I need to ship it back to CA. They replaced another one. I'm so excited to get it and use only 1 day. It was freezing- showing a wheel with a black screen, I called Apple and did everything, press home button, etc. they said I need to return and they'll ship another one. I'm thinking " will I get a real brand new or just refurbished one for my brand new 4 days old... ?

Hope it would not have any problem again and again.

BRAND SHOULD BE AS THEIR PROMISE. I'm quite disappointed with this issues.

iPhone 4s freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.