Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PayPal Shipping label - missing plugin?

So I am trying to print a Paypal hipping label for the USPS. Where the label should appear I get "missing plugin." The first time I called Paypal they told me to reinstall and make sure Adobe reader was the latest version, along with Java. Both are updated.

The second time I called, the woman told me to take my laptop to the Apple store because theye was obviously something with Apple and there was nothing they can do.

Nice to see my higher Paypal fees are being used productively.

Same thing happens on Firefox as well.

User uploaded file

Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Nov 5, 2011 6:41 PM

7 replies

Nov 15, 2011 2:00 PM in response to TechieJustin

After installing latest Adobe Reader as instructed I started having the same problem in Firefox.

This is a Pitney Bowles issue. Still annoying, since eBay and Paypal have bifurcated in a whole new way and all shipping is done thru eBay.

I just finished navigating thru Paypal twice. They referred me over to eBay, twice.

EBay says it is a known issue with "eBay and Macs" and I would not be able to print from a Mac - period.

As we spoke, I opened Safari, which I never use and printed it fine. In closing, she again instructed me to take my international packages to the post office - because of the issue with "eBay and Macs". I explained to her that I could print on my mac and had just switched browsers, in the interest of not giving other users the wrong information. Still not sure she believed me. Anyhoo:

Firefox "Preferences" allows pop-ups for specific pages.

Open "Content" + "Exceptions" and copy and paste the flakey URL into the pane and add it to unblocked pages.

My version of Safari is old - maybe you can make exceptions in newer versions - but in mine, not.

Hope that helps.

Nov 15, 2011 3:03 PM in response to scouthouse

So now it's a "known issue." Nice to see they're on the ball as usual.

I must have bee the lucky "patient zero."

I'll just print out all my international labels at the university, which is fine by me.

Can't they just make a call to India and have them fix it for Macs instantly? Does Apple ship to India? h well, I'm not going to fret about it. If they never fix it, that's fine.

Nov 15, 2011 9:58 PM in response to TechieJustin

TechieJustin,

I had this problem the first time I tried to print any label using USPS three or four years ago, and it was the same issue: pop-ups. I have been printing international labels from Firefox ever since, and one from Safari today - so we know you can print from a mac.

Next time you try to ship international, try pasting URL into Firefox/Preferences/Content/Exceptions - or turn them off in Safari - or - Use the drop down Pop-Up on/off in Safari. Let us know if either of those works.

I found this on eBay:

...apparently a Mac OS will not print international labels. It's apparently because Steve Jobs wanted to cut all ties with Java and create his own version of Java. Unfortunately all companies' software isn't compatible with his version of Java. Many other companies have created fixes...or at least work-arounds. eBay has not.

This affects every single Mac user...

Good Luck!

PayPal Shipping label - missing plugin?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.