Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music not updating in ipod

Hey whats up guys and girls before I continue I want to let you know that I am running a windows 7 PC and I am having a issue with my ipod touch 4 generation. My issue is I put all my songs in the ipod via itunes and updated all the songs information so when I browse by artist in the ipod all the songs for that artist would come up but it doesnt but when I plug the ipod in my computer all the songs are there under that artist o itunes. What am I doing wrong?

iPod touch, Windows 7

Posted on Nov 5, 2011 7:59 PM

9 replies

Nov 5, 2011 8:12 PM in response to Jiri Krecek

I put the name of the artist on both fields that you mentioned and synced my ipod but the songs will still not show up on the ipod under the artist. when I go to the spotlight feature and look for the song it finds the song but the artist and album are listed as unknown and the name of the song is listed. also when I search artist and album in the ipod I cant find a Unknown so for me to find the song I need to go on the spotlight feature and look for the song.

Nov 5, 2011 8:22 PM in response to Lexbubba

OK, a few questions:

1. What file types are these? MP3, AAC, ??
    How were the meta tags edited to begin with? Manual entry?
  2. Are they ripped from a CD or how did you get them into iTunes?
  3. If you look at INFO of any of the files, do they have the PART OF A COMPILATION box checked?
    That could screw things up.
  4. Also, sometimes when there is only one album for an artist, iPod may not display it properly, based on your version.

Nov 6, 2011 1:15 AM in response to Jiri Krecek

The answer for number one and two is I had a 80GB iPod classic in which I browsed inside the iPod from my computer by checking the hidden folders and files and copied all the songs to my computer also I did not have this problem with my iPod classic. So hopefully this answers questions one and two and the answer for question three is no the songs do not have the compilation box checked and for question four I did not have this problem on my iPod classic but on my iPod touch I am having this issue. Keep in mind in my itunes the songs are listed fine under the artist and it also plays on itunes but on the iPod its not showing up under the artist its like its not updating the information on the iPod but on itunes it is. It seems like this user whos posted this question https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3468631 is having the same issue as me.

Apr 17, 2015 1:22 AM in response to CrayZee1977

I'm having a problem with an old iPod Nano, and for some reason when I plug it into the computer, the songs are updated. When I unplug it and look at the playlist, it still shows songs that I had previously heard, but they aren't updated. I had this problem with this iPod and a newer iPod that I have. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall iTunes, or what should I do? It ***** having to go through ALL the songs that I had already heard, and go to the songs that should have been updated too.

Thanks,

Raven.

Music not updating in ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.