Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't "Submit CD Track Names...". When I type in the "Artist" box, iTunes crashes. I've been in touch with Gracenote but they havn't yet been much help

I can't "Submit CD Track Names...". When I type in the "Artist" box, iTunes crashes. I've been it touch with Gracenote but they havn't yet been much help even after following the instructions on the "Gracenote FAQ's" web page. I've tried re-installing iTunes 10.5 several times and tried submitting with all firewalls switched off but still with no luck, has anyone any suggestions?

iPhone 4, Windows Vista

Posted on Nov 5, 2011 7:54 PM

7 replies

Nov 7, 2011 3:41 PM in response to solomanit

Same problem here, in both Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit. Any responses??

Here's the error info from the Windows 7 iTunes:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: iTunes.exe

Application Version: 10.5.0.142

Application Timestamp: 4e9243f2

Fault Module Name: CoreFoundation.dll

Fault Module Version: 1.630.15.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 4e7196ac

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000015be

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Nov 7, 2011 3:54 PM in response to solomanit

I don't beleive the problem is with Gracenote. Typing the artist's name into Artist box is done in iTunes and it's only when you "submit" that it has anything to do with Gracenote. Furthermore, typing into the Artist box may simply be for your own home burnt CD, in which case it would never have anything to do with Gracenote.

I am having this problem and I tried it with a home burnt CD as well as a commercial CD. After typing the first letter, iTunes freezes and I have to force it to close. I've submitted a bug report to Apple via the Product Feedback.

I think this problem started with iTunes 10.5, so hopefully it will be sorted with the next update.

Nov 7, 2011 4:46 PM in response to Albert_Mars

Thanks Fiend, I realise the problem isn't with Gracenote but found it complicated e-mailing Apple, all they gave me was a phone number and since I bought my iPhone more than 6 months ago I feared I would have to pay for technical assistance.

Thanks for submitting a report to apple, hopefully you'll get further than me!

Also I'm experiencing problems with iTunes help, it very occassionally works, but most of the time I get a "Page Not Found............" error message, are you getting the same?

I can't "Submit CD Track Names...". When I type in the "Artist" box, iTunes crashes. I've been in touch with Gracenote but they havn't yet been much help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.