Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 4S Not adjusting to Correct Location after Day Light Saving Change. Anyone Else? Shows I am in New York Not Central Time Zone where I actually am

After the Time change my phone thinks I am in eastern time zone when I am in central. Anyone else?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5, Location Not correct

Posted on Nov 6, 2011 1:18 AM

23 replies

Nov 6, 2011 7:16 AM in response to Todd123

I had the same problem this morning and I was so upset because I lost an hour of sleep. When I went to sleep last night at little after 2am, my phone adjusted correctly to 1am right away, so I thought all was good. Then, my alarm went off this morning, and about an hour after I got up, I realized that I was on eastern time and I lost the hour of sleep. This is my first iphone and I am very disappointed to hear that this has been a recurring problem - all of my other cell phones adjusted correctly.

Nov 6, 2011 7:33 AM in response to Todd123

I noticted this morning the 4s was an hour behind EST- when checking the Date/Time settings I noticed that "Time Zone" was showing "Chicago" (CST) but I am in Columbus, OH (EST). I tried going manual setting it to the correct city and then back to automatic but it would just keep going back to Chicago. Thanks, jamesfromrandolph, I did the "Airplane Mode" on and then back off and it's correctly ID'd back to EST (as New York location). Bug!

Nov 6, 2011 7:39 AM in response to Todd123

I'm in Chicago and had the same issue. The thing is my timezone was set to Chicago and not New York before the timechange, but this morning it read New York. After putting the phone in Airplane mode and back out, it set everything back to normal showing the correct time. Is this a provider issue or a OS issue? I have AT&T.

Nov 6, 2011 9:14 AM in response to Todd123

I had the issue this morning as well. Concerned because I use my iPhone as an alarm clock. Its ok this time since I just woke up an hour early but next time I could be late to work. My location services are on, all the system location services are on, I had date time set to auto. This morning my time zone was set to New York instead of Chicago. I had to use find my iphone before it realized I was in fact still in Texas and correctly adjusted the time zone!

IPhone 4S Not adjusting to Correct Location after Day Light Saving Change. Anyone Else? Shows I am in New York Not Central Time Zone where I actually am

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.