Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating a Rule

Is it possible to create a Rule so that after performing a calculation you can add the words 'in credit' or 'in debit' after the calculated figure?

For example if the result of the calcualtion is >0 then the words 'in credit' appear after the figure or is the result of the calculation is <0 then the words 'in debit' appear after the figure.

All I've managed to work out with respect to creating rules is changing the colour of the text etc.

Thank you

Posted on Nov 6, 2011 2:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2011 4:18 AM

User uploaded file

You can have a new column which show "in debt" or "in credit"... this is not achived through formatting.

=IF(C2<0, C2&" in debt", C2&" in credit") If you do not want the numeric amount you could change the formula I provided as follows:

=IF(C2<0, " in debt", " in credit")

I hope this helps

4 replies

Nov 6, 2011 5:28 AM in response to Schrodinger56

the IF function has three argument:

IF(<TEST>, <RETURN WHEN TRUE>,<RETURN WHEN FALSE>)

so, breaking the formula I provided down into its' parts:

=IF(C2<0, " in debt", " in credit")

<TEST> is "C2 < 0" will be "TRUE" when the value in C2 is strict;y less than 0, other wise will return "FALSE"

<RETURN WHEN TRUE> is " in debt"

<RETURN WHEN FALSE> is " in credit"

Creating a Rule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.