Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1

Hello

I am unable to install Service pack 1 for Windows 7 home premium (OEM edition) and a couple of other updates, in the past the macbook has downloaded and installed windows updates fine, In this instance it downloads but I get a error message error 800B0100. I have tried everything down the windows path but have got nowhere, a search on the web suggests that while some people install this update on a Bootcamp partition others cannot.

Can anyone help.

Thanks

Stephen

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 6, 2011 5:20 AM

5 replies

Nov 6, 2011 6:45 AM in response to Ravilious

You have OS 10.7 but not Bootcamp 4?

Friend of mine on OEM non Mac has similar long standing SP1 problem; as a possible/last solution,

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprogeneral/thread/64611492- 58b5-49d7-845e-59fb53c1c48f/

I see from search for W 7 SP1 error 800B0100 in Windows forums:
rename the \Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder to \Windows\SoftwareDistribution.old.

I learned (by doing it) that you can rename outside of safe mode in same login session if you disable Windows Update completely via control panel. Then you could turn W. Update back on & try again.

You will see more on this from Microsoft itself by search for: rename \Windows\SoftwareDistribution

Nov 6, 2011 7:18 AM in response to ReMacs

You'll also have to disable Services: "Windows Update" and "Background Intelligent Transfer" in "Computer Management" ( select Manage from right click on desktop Computer icon) before the rename + reset them to auto as before when you are ready to turn Windows Update back on. Then check for updates.

Nov 6, 2011 7:31 AM in response to Ravilious

Ravilious wrote:

Hello

I am unable to install Service pack 1 for Windows 7 home premium (OEM edition) and a couple of other updates, in the past the macbook has downloaded and installed windows updates fine, In this instance it downloads but I get a error message error 800B0100. I have tried everything down the windows path but have got nowhere, a search on the web suggests that while some people install this update on a Bootcamp partition others cannot.

Can anyone help.

Thanks

Stephen

Read this

Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.