Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Leave purchased content on iCloud?

I just purchased a TV series on my Mac iTunes. But I didn't really want to download it to my computer, I just want to watch it on my AppleTV. Now that I can pull up my purchases on the AppleTV, I don't need to store it locally.

I paused all episodes from downloading, did a Select-All, then delete them from the Downloads area. But they just keep coming back and downloading nonetheless.

Is this another iTunes shortcoming, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
Jake

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 6, 2011 6:45 AM

2 replies

Feb 7, 2013 9:09 AM in response to sink

At this time all purchases must be downloaded to your computer to clear them out of the download queue. There is no way around this.

You really should be downloading and backing up your purchases, though. Since Apple does not own the copyrights to the content they sell the copyright owners can remove items from the store at any time. If/when this happens you will then lose access to your purchased items. By downloading them you will not lose access to them if the items are removed from the store.

Leave purchased content on iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.