Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I sync reminders without iCloud?

I was under the impression that I would be able to sync reminders with iCal in Lion OSX. I don't care to use iCloud for syncing since it's worked perfectly fine to sync my calendar through iTunes. The calendar syncs fine however the reminders don't sync at all. After doing some reading I more or less found out that the only way to do this is through iCloud. Is this a bug? In the future will I be able to sync my reminders without iCloud? Am I obligated to use iCloud to sync this app? Or is this an indication of the future and I'll eventually be forced to use iCloud to even sync my calendar?

Any answers to resolve this would be nice.

Posted on Nov 6, 2011 12:22 PM

2 replies

Nov 13, 2011 11:50 AM in response to captainspirou

I have this exact same problem. I ca't believe that the only way to sync reminders is with icloud. I want nothing to do with icloud... and the idea that there is absolutely no option to sync reminders without it is pretty irritating. I was very excited to FINALLY see an implementation of reminders that might be useful from Apple and it appears that they have again left me searching for a third party program. Terrible.

How can I sync reminders without iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.