Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer music from computer to iPad - not purchased from iTunes

I have been able to use iTunes and sync music between the iPad2 and the computer. I have also loaded some albums onto iTunes on the computer - from original cds ie not burnt cds - but these do not sync across to the iPad. The only music that syncs is the music I have purchased from iTunes. Have tried dragging and dropping the album onto 'device' but no luck. Suggestions

iPad 2

Posted on Nov 7, 2011 1:47 AM

9 replies

Nov 7, 2011 3:16 AM in response to jacking

Just tried converting to acc format. Again it won't let me drag and drop - by won't let me I mean I can drag the music to the device - music file - but nothing happens - it doesn't highlight and when i 'drop' nothing changes. Again appreciate the help but alas no luck. Unless there is a trick to the drag a drop in iTunes???

Nov 8, 2011 1:43 AM in response to jacking

I did this and it worked I was able to manually move the selected tracks (didn'tneed to covert them to acc) and was all able to transfer the cover art. This is a good outcome and really appreciate the guidance. Unfortunately now that I have selected the manually manage music option - I can't deselect that option. When I do I get a warning that says 'I will erase this iPads music and replace it with the iTunes on the computer'. This is not some thing I want to do as I have music on my iPad from a different iTunes account as well as my own account (these songs are not on the computer). Anyway not really a problem as it does't take long to do the manual move. Thanks again

How do I transfer music from computer to iPad - not purchased from iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.