Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get started with screen sharing?

There are dozens of articles on the web and posts here talking about what's new with screen sharing in Lion, but for the life of me I can't find anything that tells somebody completely new to screen sharing how to get started. If I want to do screen sharing with a friend (over the Internet, not a LAN), what exactly do we have to do to get started?

Sorry for a noob question, but everything I see assumes you're already completely familiar with it and just want to see Lion tweaks.

Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 7, 2011 5:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2011 5:37 AM

If I want to do screen sharing with a friend (over the Internet, not a LAN), what exactly do we have to do to get started?

I find that the best way over the internet is to do it with iChat:

User uploaded file

7 replies

Nov 7, 2011 5:42 AM in response to nospammers970201

ok so go to your system preferences on your MAC > go to sharing > click the screen sharing option on> next go to the add users section right below on the right and you add your friend whom you want to share with. You have to select a password for this person. When you get this done you will see a

Other users can access your computer's screen at:

and you will have an address there with some numbers. give this to your friend whom you want to see your screen, they have to post this in their web-browser, and that is how you remotely screen share. This is if you all are not on the same network. Also if you want to share his/her screen they will have to do these steps for you.

How do I get started with screen sharing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.