Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rename apps?

Is there a way to rename or add to the name of the apps on my iPad? I have pages of apps and forget what many are for so if I could rename or add to the name, would be helpful.

Thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), iPad, iPhone 4, iPod touch, iBook

Posted on Nov 7, 2011 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2011 7:20 AM

No, you cannot rename the apps. But you can group them into types or topics, and put them in folders. You can call the folders what ever you want, like good games, dumb games, utilities etc.

At least with grouping, you have a chance at finding what you are looking for.

To create a folder, touch and hold any app until they start to wiggle. Then move any app on top of any other app and they will create a folder that you can name, then put other apps of the same type inside. When you are done, hit home to stop the wiggleing.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2011 7:20 AM in response to Sal5

No, you cannot rename the apps. But you can group them into types or topics, and put them in folders. You can call the folders what ever you want, like good games, dumb games, utilities etc.

At least with grouping, you have a chance at finding what you are looking for.

To create a folder, touch and hold any app until they start to wiggle. Then move any app on top of any other app and they will create a folder that you can name, then put other apps of the same type inside. When you are done, hit home to stop the wiggleing.

Rename apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.