Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hard drive crash

I kept my iTunes files on an external hard drive. It crash. Fortunately, most of my music was back up. However, I have 2 questions.

–Some of the songs that I purchased from iTunes told me they were already downloaded to the computer I had been using. This is true but then it disappeared as the hard disk crash. How do I re download these songs?

–All of my iPad and iPhone applications are still on the iPad in the iPhone. However, when I look at these applications on my computer it says they were missing. How do I recover them, on the computer? Is this even necessary?

I really appreciate any advice or assistance you can give me area I'm sure I'm not the 1st person this has happened to.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Nov 7, 2011 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2011 8:15 AM

–Some of the songs that I purchased from iTunes told me they were already downloaded to the computer I had been using. This is true but then it disappeared as the hard disk crash. How do I re download these songs?

Read here > Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

However, when I look at these applications on my computer it says they were missing. How do I recover them, on the computer? Is this even necessary?

It is if you want the apps synced to your iPad and iPhone.

See the link above for re downloading apps.

You can create backups for your iPad and iPhone. With a device connected to your computer launch iTunes.

Right or control click the iPad or iPhone under Devices in the source list then click Backup.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2011 8:15 AM in response to LMPaule

Read here > Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

However, when I look at these applications on my computer it says they were missing. How do I recover them, on the computer? Is this even necessary?

It is if you want the apps synced to your iPad and iPhone.

See the link above for re downloading apps.

You can create backups for your iPad and iPhone. With a device connected to your computer launch iTunes.

Right or control click the iPad or iPhone under Devices in the source list then click Backup.

hard drive crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.