4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2011 8:39 AM by keraunoscopia
keraunoscopia Level 1 (25 points)

I cannot import my .orf (RAW) photos from an Olympus XZ-1 to my iPhoto '08 (7.1.5). I did find this update but it's for iPhoto '11. Any tips? Thanks so much!

MacBook Pro 17", Mac OS X (10.5.8), 2.4 GHz 2GB
  • LarryHN Level 9 (77,082 points)

Some RAW support is only available with Lion and iPhoto '11 - has it ever worekd? Or is is a new camera?

LN

• keraunoscopia Level 1 (25 points)

It's a new camera, 2011 or 2010. It's not mine (dad's), but reviews for the camera are appearing around Jan. 2011.

I don't need iPhoto obviously. I'm just wondering how I can get the images imported and then will have to figure out how to read them also. Not all my images are RAW, so I didn't lose an entire trip's worth of images. But I'd still like to retrieve the dozen or so that are .orf if possible.

• Keith Barkley Level 5 (6,040 points)

You will have to use the software that came with the camera or one of the other free raw converters.  You could get Adobe DNG and convert your .orf's to .dng's.

• keraunoscopia Level 1 (25 points)

You're right. I am downloading Olympus's "Master 2" software, fortunately available for Mac. If this doesn't work, I may try the DNG software. Thanks everyone!