Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what battery to use in an Apple Wireless Keyboard

Hello. I bought a used Apple Wireless Keyboard (short, two batteries to be inserted), but can't find any information on what type of battery to use (rechargeable or no) other than the very vague information "AA". Batteries seem to have two main values, the mAh (as far as I understand, that stands for duration only—but don't we need an Ampere value, too?) and voltage. At least a voltage information would be helpful. 1.2V, as I read, will be considered by the mac as "low on battery", but I'm sure there is an upper limit, too, isn't there?

I'm not asking for an introduction to electryphysics here, although it may sound that way. Really all I want to know is: What pair of rechargeable batteries to buy.

Posted on Nov 7, 2011 10:02 AM

2 replies

Nov 8, 2011 4:28 AM in response to esa ceduti

Hello:

Adding to "X4's" good feedback....

. At least a voltage information would be helpful. 1.2V, as I read, will be considered by the mac as "low on battery",

Nope. Rechargeables are all 1.2v. They do not last as long as rechargeables, but that makes no difference to me. I use 2450 mAh Energizers and a 15 minute Energizer charger (all obtained on eBay - new - at a very reasonable cost).

IMHO, rechargeables are better (long term) and are also environmentally friendly.

Barry

what battery to use in an Apple Wireless Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.