Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Qmaster Error: Final Cut Pro generated an error or unexpectedly quit

I have been trying to get Apple Qmaster to work but can't for the life of me ever get it to successfully complete a batch without using the "This Computer" option (defeating the purpose of Qmaster entirely)

I always get this error:

TL:DR version: Final Cut Pro generated an error or unexpectedly quit

Longer version:

<mrk tms="342379962.549" tmt="11/07/2011 12:32:42.549" pid="135" kind="end" what="service-request" req-id="655A2BD6-92D5-46B3-A8D6-B52D954665E8:1" msg="Processing service request error: Final Cut Pro generated an error or unexpectedly quit"></mrk>

I have tried resetting services, clearing the /var/spool/qmaster folder, using Terminal to reset Qmaster, and playing around with Qmaster settings. I even reimaged the computer and still am getting the problem. What kind of voodoo magic do you need to do to get Qmaster to actually function?

Also, if I check "use unmanaged resources from other computers" when using "This Computer," will that supposedly utilize the other computers on my Fibre channel network? (they are all configured for Qmaster but all have the noted problem above)

Posted on Nov 7, 2011 9:47 AM

1 reply

Qmaster Error: Final Cut Pro generated an error or unexpectedly quit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.