Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 27 Lion vs Sony TV 40BX420 - HDMI Issue

I've connected my iMac 27" running Lion 10.7.2 with my Sony TV 40BX420 using MiniDisplay HDMI Adapter + HDMI cable.

I've the following setup with my iMac & TV ... I've the same setup since last 2 years, and it always works, except this time, I've replaced

the TV, earlier, I was using a older version of Toshiba LCD TV.

Setup:

* The TV is configured as primary display with menus on TV, when connected.

* The screen was extended not mirrored

* I'd the physical hdmi+minidisplay adapter was always connected.

Usage:

* The TV was normally used in the Antenna mode (regular broadcast)

* Whenever I need to switch to iMac with TV as primary ...

- I used to change the TV's input from Antenna to HDMI 1 (connected to iMac)

- the moment the input is change the primary display of iMac + Menus & Sound were automatically

transferred from the iMac to TV

Problem:

* Now when I connect the new Sony TV to my iMac, the primay displays always goes to the TV, even when

on the TV the source is Antenna, not HDMI.

* I've no way to control the iMac, other than changing the source on TV to HDMI 1 (iMac) or physically removing

the hdmi connection, which immediately changes from 2 displays to 1 display.

I've fiddled with all settings on my Sony TV, to see why my 'changing the source input' is not changing the iMAC. I know

somehow the HDMI connection is acting as active even after I change the source. The older Toshiba TV used to work fine

with my iMac.

Please advice.

Thanks

Sajid

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 7, 2011 10:05 AM

There are no replies.

iMac 27 Lion vs Sony TV 40BX420 - HDMI Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.