Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If you want to sign out of iCloud, why does it say "If you stop using iCloud for Calendars & Reminders, calendars and reminders stored in iCloud will be removed from this Mac?"

If you want to sign out of iCloud, why does it say "If you stop using iCloud for Calendars & Reminders, calendars and reminders stored in iCloud will be removed from this Mac?"

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 7, 2011 10:39 AM

6 replies

Nov 7, 2011 3:10 PM in response to LaylaNYLA

LaylaNYLA wrote:

Because the calendars and so on are stored in the Cloud - remove the login and the computer will no longer be able to access them, so they will disappear.

They won't be removed from the server, or from other synced computers or devices.

If you want to sign out but retain them you will need to move each calendar to 'On My Mac' first - see the second set of numbered instructions here . For contacts you should be able to export them from Address Book first, to reimport later.

Dec 14, 2011 10:13 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Can you help with a related problem. I have 2 iPhones and both have slightly different things to sync but both should sync iCal and the address book. The iPhone 3 does it completely but the iPhone 4 does not sync iCal. Both phones have identical settings and the calendars on the Mac are all from iCloud so what is the problem. When I travel (I live in Africa) I have intermittent access to good wi-fi so can I sync with a cable or could it be done with Bluetooth? The travelling web connection I get from a USB modem so obviously not usable with either of the phones

Oct 26, 2013 3:20 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Roger:

I upgraded to mavericks. and had problems was stuck at "Moving calendars to server account..." . Then I did force quit ical.

I turned off icloud/ical and icloud/reminders per

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4901

I did not back up data ical data per instruction (should have). Turned back on icloud/ical and most appointments gone! They are gone in iCloud.com as well!

The good news is that : All appointments/calendar events are still on iPhone. Is there a way to get the iPhone view of my Calendar/Events into iCloud and also onto my iMac/ical?

I want icloud and my iMac to have the same calendar events as what is on my iphone. I want all to be syncing.

hopefully you can give me some ideas as it will avoid an appointment with the genius bar at mall of american today :-)

Oct 26, 2013 3:34 AM in response to SOnofrio

If you have managed to delete the events from iCloud then they will disappear from your iPhone as well when it syncs to iCloud - if it hasn't already done so.

Not having Mavericks or an iPhone I can't advise you. I would recommend that you start a new thread - you are far more likely to get attention than by tacking onto a two-year-old one. Doubtless someone will be able to advise.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.