Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

audio files on ipad

I created a 20-slide presentation in KeyNote (latest update) on an Imac with embedded video, individual slide narration and a presentation-long theme music from itunes. When I import the file to my ipad KeyNote software via iTunes, the audio in the embedded video is there, but it loosses the narrated sound track and the theme music. Am I doing something wrong or does the iPad version of KeyNote not support the audio?

IMAC 2.4 GHz, 24", Leopard 10.5.1, 3GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Nov 7, 2011 1:00 PM

1 reply

Nov 28, 2011 12:39 PM in response to Mac1414

I had the same problem and found this solution elsewhere on this site. It worked for me!

I had this same problem and this resolved it for me:

-Go to your "Settings" icon and click on the "General" tab.

-About 2/3 way down the page you will see "Use side switch to:" - make sure "mute" is checked rather than "lock rotation."

-Then make sure the side switch, located next to the volume toggle switch on the side of your ipad, is moved to the right (no red dot showing).

My audio worked fine in embedded videos after I did those two things. Hope it works for you.

audio files on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.