Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 4th Generation Won't Charge

Hi, I got my iPod touch 4th generation in January of 2011 and it has been working fine until now.

Let me explain ...

The other day my battery ran out on my iPod, so just as usual I went to plug it into the USB port on my computer. Nothing happened. I then tryed switching USB ports (I have 4). Nothing happened. I then tryed using my wall charger. Nothing happened. I tryed switching outlets. Yet again, nothing happened.

Frustrated I asked my friend if I could borrow her charger. I then proceeded to plug it in to my 4 USB ports, and my many plug outlets. Yet again, nothing happened. When I plug it into my computer, it does not reconize my iPod (Although, I believe it shouldn't since my iPod is dead.). I even tried leaving it plugged in for a few hours, and it still did absolutley nothing.

Now normally when my iPod dies, when I attempt to turn it on it shows a flashing low battery sign (http://ihackmyi.com/files/upload/b/2140-112810133913.jpg) and when I plug it in it shows a low battery sign, except with a symbol notifying me that it's charging (http://www.best-ipod-online.com/images/ipod-touch-troubleshooting-01.jpg). Except now when I attempt to turn it on, it does nothing. It just shows a pure, plain, black screen.

I am completely disapointed with my iPod, and any help at all would be appreciated. I do not wish to ship it away, I will only do that as a last resort.

Thank you,

J.L.K & J.M.K

iPod touch, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Nov 7, 2011 2:11 PM

6 replies

Feb 4, 2014 5:36 AM in response to jessica3599

im having the same problem my ipod touch 4g was working for awhile then it wont hold a charge. i have to keep it plugged in in order to use it. if i take it off the charger sometimes it will shut off or luckily stay on. but then when it does stay on the battery will go to red in a couple of seconds then it will say 20% remaining then after that it will shut off. i thought it needed a battery replacement but i had a kid in my high school fix it but he claims its still not working but now hes asking me for my ipod touch 4g so im wondering if he actually fixed it and he wants it for himself. im lost and need answers PLEASE HELP!!!

Feb 4, 2014 7:46 AM in response to jessica3599

Not Charge

- See:

iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting

iPhone and iPod touch: Charging the battery

- Try another cable. Some 5G iPods were shipped with Lightning cable that were either initially defective or failed after short use.

- Try another charging source

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

iPod Touch 4th Generation Won't Charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.