Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Documents (iCloud storage)

Hi all,

can someone tell me if there's the possibility to store documents (except for iWork docs) on iCloud?

I am about to buy more iCloud storage but I am not sure it is convenient if I can't backup everything I want (all file extensions).

???

Thanx,

L

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 2.8 GHz Intel Core i5 - 16GB Ram

Posted on Nov 7, 2011 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2011 3:06 PM

iCloud does not provide general file storage, only space for syncing iWork documents. You will need to look for alternatives: some are examined here:

http://rfwilmut.net/migrate3

13 replies

Nov 19, 2011 7:57 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Hi Roger.

I was wondering and maybe you'll have the same quick answer.

I currently use iDisk where i store mutliple files that I have nothing to do with iCloud..so what is going to happen on June 12th..when Mobile me is turned down? Does it mean we won't be able to keep a general storage solution with Apple and we'll have to use an alternative solution?

Thanks for the tip if you know.

Jan 23, 2012 9:15 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thanks for offering another solution. I, for one, am so disappointed with the new icloud. I would gladly continue to pay the yearly fee to keep my iDisk. Apple was the only company I trusted to store my important documents in cyberspace. I guess I'm getting too old for Apple and now will be forced to find a non digital place to store copies of important documents. I always thought it was a good idea to have at least representative copies of documents in case of a natural disaster. Do you suppose if I save items in a special folder which I never move or change that will work as "storage" using one of these "backup" applications/companies? Oh my stars! I hate what Apple has done to me with this stupid iCloud! Thanks again for your help.

Jan 23, 2012 11:40 PM in response to RFB

RFB wrote:

Do you suppose if I save items in a special folder which I never move or change that will work as "storage" using one of these "backup" applications/companies?

Most of the solutions in my page work by syncing with a folder or folders on your Mac: whatever you place in that folder is uploaded to the server, whatever you delete from that folder is deleted from the server. SugarSync also provides a 'Web Archive' facility which is an online-only area to which you can upload files which you don't need to mirror exactly on your Mac. (For example, I upload AAC versions of audio as safety copies while retaining AIFF versions on the Mac.)

Documents (iCloud storage)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.