Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Birthday ages show in iCal but not iPhone

Hi,

Having a brand new iPhone 4S I put some time in to move all my Google calendar and contacts over to iCloud, to get a nicely synchronised experience.

I used to have specific calendar entries for Birthdays but changed these to just adding a Birthday in each person's contact in Address Book. This works great, in iCal, on each date in question it shows a little present icon and says 'xxxxx's 20th Birthday'. Perfect.

My iPhone calendar, however, shows the icon and say's xxxxx's Birthday', no mention of how old they are.

The right Birthdate field has synced in contacts. Does this just not work on iPhones?

Thanks

iPhone 4S, iOS 5

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 1:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 2:54 AM

That's correct, there is no function on the iPhone's built-in calendar to show the age of contacts on their birthday.

You can send Apple feedback here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

2 replies

Birthday ages show in iCal but not iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.