4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2013 4:15 PM by komone
xhaavardx Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I recently uniinstalled DAZ 3d program, now the console log shows this message over and over again.

08.11.11 11.00.04          com.apple.launchd[1]          (com.daz3d.content_management_service[6121]) Exited with exit code: 1

08.11.11 11.00.04          com.apple.launchd[1]          (com.daz3d.content_management_service) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

08.11.11 11.00.14          com.apple.launchd[1]          (com.daz3d.content_management_service[6122]) posix_spawn("/Library/DAZ 3D/Content Management Service/ContentManagementServer.app/Contents/MacOS/DAZ Content Management Service", ...): No such file or directory

I dont really think it is a major problem, but I would like to get rid of it because it's not supposd to be there.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)
  • 1. Re: Console log help
    X423424X Level 6 Level 6 (14,190 points)

Do you want to remove Daz3D?  If so, does Daz3D have an uninstaller? If it doesn't places to look are,

your login items

~/Library/LaunchAgents (in you home directory)

/Library/LaunchAgents

/Library/LaunchDaemons

/Library/StartupItems

There's other stuff installed but whatever you find in the above will stop it from launching the daemons, etc.

If you want to keep it then don't look at the console log!   Some of the stuff you see in there may drive you nuts.

By the way, how do you know those messages are not supposed to be there?  Does the program behave as advertised?

• 2. Re: Console log help
    xhaavardx Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thank you so much, I found the file in the Lauchdaemons folder, and I also got rid of another problem I had as well. Now DAZ 3D is completely gone. I accidently gave you "helpful answer" so please reply and I'll give you "correct answer"

• 3. Re: Console log help
    X423424X Level 6 Level 6 (14,190 points)

Ok, thanks.  I answered the way I did because I couldn't tell from your original post weather you really wanted Daz3D kept installed but were just bothered by the console messages or just wanted the it removed.  So now that I know you wanted it removed and looking over your original post there is one other directory you can remove:

/Library/DAZ 3D

It's just wasting disk space at this point since you are no longer trying to execute Daz3D.

And if want to get possibly more Daz3D stuff laying around do a search for that word (or also with a space -- "Daz 3D").  There's almost certainly one plist in preferences (maybe more) and there may be stuff in your Applications Support directory (also the boot drive's /Application Directory).  And of course there's the application itself that could be removed.

Again all this potential Daz3D stuff is just not being used if Daz3D itself is now not being used.

I'm surprised that software doesn't have its own uninstaller.

• 4. Re: Console log help
    komone Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Oh but DAZ 3D does have an "uninstaller" at least now it does. However, there's scripts etc that don't get pulled - your guidance on where to look for these helped a lot. However, I still had to resort to rm -rf on Daz 3D to remove the rest of this ugly thing.