Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleted podcasts keep coming back on iphone and Mac

I am using the latest version of Itunes with an iphone 4, with a Macbook Pro, OS 10.6.8.

I subscribe to 3 different podcasts, and one of them I listen to the most won't let me delete old podcasts. There are five old episodes that keep showing up on my iphone every time i sync. I have tried the following:

-Deleting them form the podcast menu in itunes

-Deleting them from the podcast menu on my iphone in itunes

-changing the podcast settings on my iPhone (tried pretty much every dfferent setting)

-changing the Podcast settings in iTunes (tried every different setting)

Nothing works. These podcats just keep coming back, even though they have all been played all the way through and show up as played.

Any ideas??

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 8:16 AM

12 replies

Nov 13, 2011 12:55 PM in response to Pierre Degaillande1

I am having the exact same issues. Deleted old podcasts from iTunes on Mac OS Lion. Set iTunes to sync podcasts to my iPhone 4 manually. Old podcasts transfer automatically to my iTunes library upon syncing. I delete the podcasts (again). Sync. Old podcasts transfer from iPhone again.

Rinse. Wash. Repeat.

It appears to be an error in most recent (10.5) version of iTunes interacting with iOS 5.0.1 as that error did not occur before 5.0.1 with iTunes 10.5.

Any suggestions?

Nov 13, 2011 1:04 PM in response to Pierre Degaillande1

Ok. I did it.

Set iTunes NOT to sync podcasts. Delete podcast from iTunes. Delete podcast on iPhone (swipe left to right across name of individual podcast, tap 'delete'). Sync (remember Not syncing podcasts). The podcasts you tried to delete are now gone and won't transfer to iTunes from iPhone. Change iTunes settings to sync podcasts you want. Sync again. Voila. Done.

Seems this is an error in 5.0.1 as this wasn't a problem with 5.0 or earlier iOS incarnations.

deleted podcasts keep coming back on iphone and Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.