Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud and Syncing Issues (Couldn't find in other threads)

I have been reading through a ton of threads asking similar questions, but have not found one exactly like mine so I am hoping for some insight here. First off we have an iMac, 2 macbooks, two iPhones, an iPod Touch, and several other iPods too. We have switched to iCloud.

In my family we have a joint account and two individual accounts. I use my individual account for everything (iTunes, Cals, Contacts,...) and my husband has a .yahoo.com account he uses for iTunes and then he uses his individual account for everything else (Cals, Contacts,...). Several things we want to accomplish and have been trying to without total luck:

1: Enjoy the same music, apps, tv shows... on ONE iTunes account, BUT be able to sync our iPhones & iPods to our own tastes

2. We want to share an address book over all of our accounts. How can we make them all the same? I don't think I can sync different things to different accounts like contacts using joint email and then email using individual account IDs and iTunes with yet another? So CONFUSING!

3. I also use a PC (blah) at work and use Outlook for email, calendar and contacts. I would like to import a "work" contact list into the address book that my husand doesn't have to look at since it ill mean nothing to him.

4. I use google calendar and would like to have it sync to iCal and Outlook without creating a million duplicate events.

We have different IDs, which I have learned that we will not be able to merge IDs due to big music companies, but we want some fluidity between our accounts which is good for them, but bad for families.

Anyway I know this is a lot of questons, but I am hoping for some insight.

Also I thought iTunes matches was supposed to release at the end of October????

Lyndsie

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 11:49 AM

There are no replies.

iCloud and Syncing Issues (Couldn't find in other threads)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.