Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sometimes car will not connect via bluetooth unless I go into settings app

I've updated my Iphone 4 to IOS5. I've paired the phone with my car (Infinity) and it usually works. But sometimes it does not connect. I've notice that in those cases I can get my phone to connect immediately by going into the settings app on my iphone. I just have to enter the settings app, I don't have to change anything, I don't even have to go into general settings where bluetooth is. I just have to enter the settings app and the car will connect to my iphone via bluetooth immediately every time. has anyone run into this?

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 1:54 PM

2 replies

Dec 7, 2011 1:28 PM in response to David Seltz

Just checking again to see if anyone has run into the problem I described above and may have an answer. It is really annonying.

I've updated my Iphone 4 to IOS5. I've paired the phone with my car (Infinity) and it usually works. But sometimes it does not connect. I've notice that in those cases I can get my phone to connect immediately by going into the settings app on my iphone. I just have to enter the settings app, I don't have to change anything, I don't even have to go into general settings where bluetooth is. I just have to enter the settings app and the car will connect to my iphone via bluetooth immediately every time. has anyone run into this?

Sep 3, 2012 9:27 AM in response to David Seltz

Just another ping to see if anyone had run into this. It's really annoying.

Sometimes car will not connect via bluetooth unless I go into settings app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.