Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Burn from Apple logo?

User uploaded file

Hi there folks,

Has anyone else had problems with what I can only describe as screen burn-in from the case logo? I've read reports of people having problems with being able to see the logo in low-light situations, but I can permanantly see the Apple logo through my screen, especially when on a white page. I've attached a photo to explain.

It's still under warranty so considering taking it into the nearest Apple store, but that means a cross-country trek...

Thanks!

Simon

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 3:32 PM

1 reply

Nov 8, 2011 3:38 PM in response to denkmit

you have the option of mailing it to them (in some places).

do you have a powerful light behind your macbook screen? The apple logo is transucent and will pass any ambient light that is stronger then your LED backlight to the other side of the computer.

Having said that, I've never experienced something like this, even with the sun on the back of the display.

I think you'll need to go take that trek to the apple store. have you tried calling 1800aplcare to see what they might be able to tell you?

Screen Burn from Apple logo?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.