Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod video (5th Gen) with a playing problem?

So, I turned on my iPod today, went to class, and it was working just fine. I was still listening to it when I got home. I turned it off, then made dinner, and went to plug my iPod into my iHome. It worked for maybe a minute or so before I started hearing crackling noises. I took it off the iHome, blew air into the bottom port and tried it again. Same crackling, only worse. Then, I took it off again and plugged my headphones into it. This time when I hit play, however, no sound came out. I tried my headphones in my cell just to make sure they were working, and they were. It seems this is a problem with my iPod. I restarted it (lock, unlock, menu, select) and when that didn't help, I decided to manually reset it from the iTune's interface. This, still, did nothing to help. Everything else on it is functioning fine, there's just no audio playing from it. Please help me, I understand that it is old (Over 5 years), but it's my baby and I always tell my friends how awesome Apple is for making a product that lasts the tests of time. Thank you!

iPod classic

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 5:53 PM

There are no replies.

iPod video (5th Gen) with a playing problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.