Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing a Calendar without the Alerts

I have shared calendars between my wife and her mother both. I get their alarms, and they get mine! Is there a way to share the calendars without sharing the alarms?

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 7:09 PM

3 replies

Nov 25, 2011 9:41 AM in response to TitanShadow

This is a problem in our house too. I set alarms for a lot of my appointments in iCloud and a whole lot of these appointments have nothing to do with my wife but she still gets the alarm because she's subscribed to my shared calendar. This annoys her to no end so she complains incessantly to me about it... which annoys ME to no end.

Solution please!!

Dec 13, 2011 3:36 PM in response to tydes perdition

I finally got through to Apple Phone Support about this issue. They say it is not a bug but it is a designed feature, and working properly. According to the rep I spoke to, they feel that this function is only logical because if you care enough to share your calendar in this way then you should want to have everyones alarms pop up on your devices.

Sharing a Calendar without the Alerts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.