Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home sharing on iPhone problems.

I am having a most annoying problem with home sharing on my iPhone. Before I upgraded to iOS5, my home sharing worked perfectly but now, I cant even get it to work right. Basically, whenever I go to watch something on my iPhone with home sharing turned on, I cant get the media to show up correctly on my iPhone and the media gets duplicated. I'll illustrate...

What my iTunes looks like:

User uploaded file

I usually watch downloaded TV shows on my iPhone so thats why I captured the TV shows section.

Heres what the home sharing looks like on my iPhone:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Here are my home sharing settings under preferences:

User uploaded file

So as you can see, for whatever reason that I can figure out or explain, certain TV shows are getting duplicated on the home sharing on my iPhone. I have gone through and made sure that those particular shows arent checked to sync or anything but nothing is working. Am I doing something wrong that I dont know about or is this just a bug with home sharing and iOS5?

iPhone 4, Windows 7

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 10:00 PM

2 replies

Home sharing on iPhone problems.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.