Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

not copied to iPad because you are not authorized for it on this computer

I have season 3 of Fringe downloaded on one computer then I copied the season to my Mac

The Mac is authorized on the account and plays the episodes fine when I play them in iTunes on the Mac

However, when I try to sync the episodes to my iPad, I get the error "<episode> not copied to your iPad because you are not authorized for it on this computer"

I have tried to de-authorize and re-authorize the computer and in all cases, the Mac plays the episodes just fine

It just refuses to sync them to my iPad

I have done this in the past with the two other seasons so I'm not sure what changed

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Redmatter

iPad 2, iOS 5

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 9:49 PM

17 replies

May 30, 2012 4:08 PM in response to redmatter

Thanks, this helped me.

I just purchased two films: Predator and The Running Man.

Both of them downloaded as .m4v files, but the problem only happened with Predator. The Running Man transfered to the iPad just fine.

My laptop is old (2009) but was upgraded to Lion when it was released, and the iPad is the 3rd generation. I didn't try authorizing/deauthorizing for fear of having to re-sync everything. The renaming trick worked.

Odd.

Jul 15, 2012 11:03 PM in response to redmatter

I found an easier solution. This happened to me after I upgraded to Lion. Anything bought after that upgrade gave this error.

Solution:

1. Go to itunes and download and install the latest version of itunes on your mac.

2. In itunes store, 'Authorize' the computer (it might tell you you are already authorised.

3. Plug in the ipad and synch.

4. Copy the films etc as normal

not copied to iPad because you are not authorized for it on this computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.