Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri activation by holding to the ear?

Siri should be activated when I hold the iPhone to the ear: doesn’t do. The sensor works fine with the telephone app.

iMac 27 i7, iPad 2 WIFI, iPhone 4S-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 9, 2011 2:26 AM

10 replies

Nov 9, 2011 2:46 AM in response to The Huntress

The Huntress wrote:

You still need to press the home button then raise to your ear.

Not true...you may want to read the manual you referenced before posting. Quoted from the user guide:

"This setting allows you to activate Siri by raising iPhone to your ear when the screen is on. When this setting is off, raising iPhone to your ear doesn’t turn Siri on."

Nov 9, 2011 2:53 AM in response to wjosten

Huntress wasn't 'wrong' per se. "You still need to press the home button then raise to your ear." which is correct if Huntress meant the button should be pressed to turn the screen on. For example in stand-by mode.

(Interesting by the way that when I posted Huntress' comment was not there and it didn't take me six minutes to post =). Is it correct that when you edit a message it gets reposted as if it was a new comment and the old one is removed?)

Nov 9, 2011 7:57 AM in response to The Huntress

I tried ("practised") now for about 60 times using my left (normal) and right ear and got 5 "hits", 4 of them at the right ear. In fact unusable as it is., since no improvement took place. The hits were at random, could not figure out what I did special at the hits. Seems Siri is still a little to cautious to activate - maybe 5.0.1 works better?

Siri activation by holding to the ear?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.