Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IWEB

HI GUYS,

I HAVE A SLIGHT PROBLEM, SINCE UPDATING MY LAPTOP IV HAD A PROBLEM WITH IWEB WHERE THE UPDATE COMPLETELY WIPED OUT MY IWEB SITE HOWEVER I DID MANAGE TO GET MY WORK BACK VIA A THIRD PARTY APPLICATION WHICH AT SOME POINTS IT DID ALLOW ME TO VIEW MY FILE THEN I SWITCHED OFF MY LAPTOP TURN IT BACK ON AND MY FILES WAS STILL THERE BUT I COULD'NT VIEW MY PAGES SO I GOT ON THE PHONE TO APLLE AND THEY SAID THEY CANT HELP AS I USED THIS THIRD PARTY APPLICATION WITH IWEB SO NOW IM LOOKING TO DITCH IWEB BUT NEED TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANY FREE OR PAID APPLICATIONS I COULD USE WITH THE SAME FEATURES AS IWEB OR BETTER, I DID PUBLISH MY SITE TO A FOLDER SO IF YOU COULD HELP I WOULD BE GREATFUL CHEERS GUYS !!!

Posted on Nov 9, 2011 2:41 AM

12 replies

Nov 9, 2011 3:22 AM in response to Wyodor

sorry !

hi guys i have a slight problem, since updating my laptop iv had a problem with iweb where the update completeely wiped my iweb site however i did manage to get my work back via a third party application which at some points it did allow me to view my files, then i switched off my laptop turned it back on and my files still there but i could'nt view my pages so i got on the phone to apple and they said they cant help me as i used this third party application with iweb so now im looking to ditch iweb but need to know if there is any free or paid applications i could use with the same features as iweb or better, i did publish my site to a folder so if you could help i would be greatful cheers guys !!!

Nov 10, 2011 8:09 AM in response to carl bee

Here's a list of links to alternative design software including Rage WebDesign.

WebDesign is WYSIWYG code entry style software so that you see the changes you make in the code in real time in the preview window. Pages can be previewed in the browser with one mouse click.

If you want something like this with the addition of being able to drag things around on a page, have a look at Flux 3.

A free alternative is Bluegriffon if you can learn software without a manual.

IWEB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.