Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a crack on my apple Magic trackPad. Is there a service to have it repaired or will I have to purchase a new one?

I have a crack on my apple Magic trackPad. Is there a service to have it repaired or will I have to purchase a new one?User uploaded file

Apple Magic Trackpad-OTHER, Apple Magic Trackpad

Posted on Nov 9, 2011 4:17 AM

2 replies

Feb 12, 2014 7:26 AM in response to MrMJPeters

this is a fault of the design. I have had three replaced in our business one the same day it was opened, there was a small blemish on one side of the surface and within ours of using it a crack appeared and travelled across the trackpad. I have seen it also happen in an apple store a person was using the trackpad and a crack appeared all they did was press to click as you should be able to and a crack appeared.. The apple staff member quickly grabbed the track pad and swapped it.

If you turn the trackpad around 90deg and watch from the side as you press the trackpad itself aluminum flexes! it is very clear when you press down especially if you press towards the top most raised part of the trackpad. This is why we make sure all of ours are touch to click not press to click in settings..

I have a crack on my apple Magic trackPad. Is there a service to have it repaired or will I have to purchase a new one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.