Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hotkey for switching between Kotoeri Romaji and Kana input?

I have a Macbook Pro with a JIS Keyboard (English characters with Kana on the bottom right) and the Eisuu (英数)and kana (かな) keys. I can easily switch from english romaji to japanese kana with one keypress each, but does anyone know a hotkey that would let my switch between romaji-kana typing (a=あ)and kana typing (a=ち)? I looked in the system help for Kotoeri and it said Shift-Kana key, but that didn't work. Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Bootcamp

Posted on Nov 9, 2011 7:39 AM

3 replies

Apr 10, 2013 10:01 AM in response to Evanjs

I'm having what I think is the same problem. On the virtual keyboard--on my iPad screen or on the iPhone--it gives you a key with a globe symbol which allows you to switch between the various keyboard languages I have selected. In my case, it allows me to switch between English, Japanese using QWERTY, and a kana layout on screen. But the wireless keyboard doesn't have that globe key, so I'm wondering how I switch keyboard language layouts without having to turn off the wireless keyboard, make the change on screen, and then turn the wireless keyboard back on.

Apr 10, 2013 10:49 AM in response to John P Thiel

John P Thiel wrote:

But the wireless keyboard doesn't have that globe key, so I'm wondering how I switch keyboard language layouts

You should be able to use the standard Apple keyboard shortcut for keyboard switching, command plus space.

In the future, for questions about your ipad/iphone, best start a new question in their own forum rather than tacking it onto a 2 year old thread in the forum for laptops.

https://discussions.apple.com/community/ipad/using_ipad

Hotkey for switching between Kotoeri Romaji and Kana input?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.