Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

colors "washed out" on imported images in Keynote...

All,

Ran into a weird issue today with one of the users I support.

He indicates that when he imports a tiff image into Keynote, the colors look "washed out". I verified the problem, as the tiff image he was using looks OK in Preview, but seems to drop in fidelity when dropped into a Keynote slide. The user indicates that this changed at some point over the last few days. I've scoured his machine for changes, but the only patches we have made to it relate only to file system/automounters.

Here are a few things I tried:

1. Checked to be sure the tiff didn't have compression. It does not.

2. Converted the tiff to a png. The problem remains.

3. Install a fresh copy of iWork 09 on my machine. The problem is replicated, so it definately seems related to Keynote in general.

4. Installed unpatched version of iWork 09 on his machine and patched it to 9.0.5 - problem persists, so we went ahead and brought it up to the latest and greatest (iWork Update 6 via software update).

5. Tested the same tiff file in PowerPoint. Issue does not carry over. The problem DOES carry over to other iWork applications, so something is up with the way the files are being displayed. This normally wouldn't be a big deal, but this is scientific data the user is dealing with and it needs to be displayed properly in his presentations... I'm hoping we can get his resolved because he really loves working in Keynote.

Keynote '09-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 9, 2011 10:24 AM

11 replies

Dec 20, 2011 3:15 PM in response to KV3SPA

I fixed the problem after playing around with some of the color correction settings on the files. Turns out, 10.6 handles color data differently. I have the solution documented at work. If you don't see me post it up in a few days, remind me and I'll do so.

Turned out to be as simple as applying a default color profile to the file so the OS for "interpret" the color data correctly. Otherwise, the file loads up with system defaults and it doesn't look right.

I support astronomers, so correct color data is very important.

Feb 20, 2014 6:34 AM in response to KV3SPA

hi there,

i have nearly the same problem - my colours are wahsed out when i generate a pdf out of keynote.

I used to do my portfolios with keynote and they are about 40 pages with 1-3 pictures on one page. If i will have to change the colourprofile of every image in photoshop i will get crazy!!!

this cant be the only solution?

any other ideas?

changing the display-colour does not help eighter!

:-((

colors "washed out" on imported images in Keynote...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.