11 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2011 11:28 PM by andynick
RyanManUtd Level 1 Level 1 (90 points)

Hi there,

 

In the old FCE4, we can render (or export) any section in the sequence by dragging the handle at the beginning & end.

 

How do we do it in FCPX ?

 

Thanks


15.4, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 27" iMac - 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 1GB ATI Radeon HD, i5 QuadCore
  • Ian R. Brown Level 6 Level 6 (18,275 points)

    One simple way is to copy the section you want to a new Project (timeline) and then export the new project.

  • RyanManUtd Level 1 Level 1 (90 points)

    Ian R. Brown wrote:

     

    One simple way is to copy the section you want to a new Project (timeline) and then export the new project.

     

    Good tips. Ian.

     

    So, we cannot select some section how we used to do in FCE4 ? Confirm this cannot be done in FCPX ?

     

    Sometimes, I just wanna export out & see how it looks like.

     

    Also, I am encountering the QuickTime error -50, I am trying to determine which piece of video clip is a culprit, to copy sections everytime to a new project can be quite innefficient & troublesome.

     

    Cheers

     

    Thanks

  • Ian R. Brown Level 6 Level 6 (18,275 points)

    You cannot do it the way you can in FCE/FCP.

     

    See this thread and read Tom's answers.

     

    https://discussions.apple.com/message/15470622#15470622

     

    Copying it to a new project only adds a few seconds, certainly less than a minute to the process.

     

    Don't know what the QT Error 50 is but then I am a disciplinarian and don't allow FCP X to misbehave.

     

    You have to show it who's boss  .  .  .  .  .  comes from 30 years of teaching.

  • RyanManUtd Level 1 Level 1 (90 points)

    Ian R. Brown wrote:

     

    You cannot do it the way you can in FCE/FCP.

     

    See this thread and read Tom's answers.

     

    https://discussions.apple.com/message/15470622#15470622

     

    Copying it to a new project only adds a few seconds, certainly less than a minute to the process.

     

    Don't know what the QT Error 50 is but then I am a disciplinarian and don't allow FCP X to misbehave.

     

    You have to show it who's boss  .  .  .  .  .  comes from 30 years of teaching.

     

    Thanks Ian,

     

    But in my case ... it looks like FCPX is bossing me ..

     

    Now I realize why we need Compressor ...  Out of Topic abit ... you happen to know to export mp4 in 640 x 360 ?

     

    Thanks

  • Ian R. Brown Level 6 Level 6 (18,275 points)

    Share>Export Using Compressor Settings

     

    In the window that opens select Apple>HTTP Live Streaming>Broadband Low.

     

    If you click the summary button you will see that it is 640x360 with a frame rate of 25fps.

     

    Click "Next" and then "Save".

  • RyanManUtd Level 1 Level 1 (90 points)

    Ian R. Brown wrote:

     

    Share>Export Using Compressor Settings

     

    In the window that opens select Apple>HTTP Live Streaming>Broadband Low.

     

    If you click the summary button you will see that it is 640x360 with a frame rate of 25fps.

     

    Click "Next" and then "Save".

     

    Ok thanks a milllion Ian, so it hides here ...

  • Ian R. Brown Level 6 Level 6 (18,275 points)

    Incidentally I had no idea it was there until you asked.

     

    I just looked and found it in seconds.

  • RyanManUtd Level 1 Level 1 (90 points)

    Ian R. Brown wrote:

     

    Incidentally I had no idea it was there until you asked.

     

    I just looked and found it in seconds.

    Hahaha .. but it was worst for me.

     

    I did actually looked into there but some reason I thought it was mov !! Not sure why my eyes is playing tricks on me !!

     

    Thnaks Ian

  • andynick Level 5 Level 5 (4,925 points)

    RyanManUtd wrote:

    Also, I am encountering the QuickTime error -50, I am trying to determine which piece of video clip is a culprit, to copy sections everytime to a new project can be quite innefficient & troublesome.

    You can do this very easily by assigning Roles to the relevant clips you want to export.

    Then you can export just the clips with that particular role (and nothing else).

     

    Beware that if you create new roles, there doesn't yet appear to be any way to delete those roles (the new names you created, I mean). They stay with the project forever - but this doesn't really matter - (it just bugs me).

  • RyanManUtd Level 1 Level 1 (90 points)

    andynick wrote:

     

    RyanManUtd wrote:

    Also, I am encountering the QuickTime error -50, I am trying to determine which piece of video clip is a culprit, to copy sections everytime to a new project can be quite innefficient & troublesome.

    You can do this very easily by assigning Roles to the relevant clips you want to export.

    Then you can export just the clips with that particular role (and nothing else).

     

    Beware that if you create new roles, there doesn't yet appear to be any way to delete those roles (the new names you created, I mean). They stay with the project forever - but this doesn't really matter - (it just bugs me).

    Thanks Andy but what u mean by assinging ROles, this is new to me ... how to we assign roles to the clips ?

     

    Thks again ..

  • andynick Level 5 Level 5 (4,925 points)

    Select the clip, then go up to:

    Modify > Assign Roles.

     

    Assign the role to the appropriate clips then:

    Cmd+E > Export Roles

    (I think - I don't have the application running at the moment).

    Andy